Alumni Village Info
Alumni Village Offices
Alumni Village provide housing for Florida State University's graduate, married, family and non-traditional students.
The Alumni Village is divided into three areas:
As living in University Housing is a vital part of students' total university experience, the entire Alumni Village staff is committed to making the experience as beneficial and pleasant as possible. This commitment is demonstrated by:
- Planning and implementing programs that recognize the need for information, for recreation and for “community”
- Providing students assistance in achieving personal and educational goals
- Responsible and flexible management of facilities
- Maintaining safe, comfortable, attractive and secure living environments
- Prudent resource management
- Conducting research designed to anchor long range planning for program and facilities
The true partnership of staff and students is what makes this very vibrant community a place where there is a sense of belonging and a feeling of “home.”
Alumni Village was built in response to increasing numbers of military veterans and their families entering colleges and universities after World War II and the Korean War. Construction began in 1959 and was completed in 1965.
There is a long line of students, now professionals, artists, managers, professors who have lived in Alumni Village. They have left a legacy of intense scholarship, of celebration of differences, and of community participation and involvement. Because Alumni Village is one of the largest apartment complexes in Tallahassee and the resident population is primarily graduate students - about 1,000 strong, representing 79 countries - it is arguably the greatest concentration of intellectual strength in Tallahassee.