Conference Assistant Job Description and Application Process
Conference Assistants (CAs) are on-site liaisons between the Coordinator for Conference Services and conference participants. Conference Assistants serve as the initial point of contact for any person entering or calling the residence hall. They are expected to create an atmosphere of helpfulness and friendliness by greeting and receiving conference guests and other visitors. The conference assistant duties are related to three general areas: communication, security and clerical. In addition to these general duties, conference assistants serve as hall tour guides during new student orientation.
- A cumulative FSU grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 undergraduate or 3.0 graduate cumulative at time of application and employment (transfer students may not use the GPA from their former institution)
- All CAs must maintain student status while employed and may take limited course work during summer sessions
- Must not be under criminal or judicial sanctions at the time of employment
- Successful Background Check
- Conference Assistants will be asked to assist in the managing of the administrative tasks of the residence hall.
- Administrative tasks include the following:
- registering conference participants
- preparing and delivering rosters within 24 hours to the appropriate offices
- taking inventory of keys
- distributing information packets to Summer Conference participants
- inspecting halls for prior damages
- assessing damages at the end of a conference
- helping with billing summer conference groups after check-outs
- CAs will assist University Housing by serving as liaisons between both internal and external groups.
- Individuals in this position will be responsible for maintaining accurate records will ensure that the policies and procedures of the University are adhered to by conference participants.
- Conference Assistants may be required to perform set-ups, program breakdowns and/or clean ups or complete other tasks assigned by Assistant Director, Student Staff Selection and Conference Services and/or Assistant Coordinator for Administrative Services.
Conference Assistants start at $7.79/hour.
Conference Assistants must participate in a training program prior to their employment. Training is mandatory and will occur May 9 – 10, 2013.
Conference Assistant applications will be accepted during the following time-frames: March 4, 2013 – April 1, 2013 ONLY. Please remember that your application only remains active for 90 days.
These application materials are available in alternative format upon request. Should you require reasonable accommodations in order to participate in Resident Assistant selection activities, please contact University Housing at 850-644-2860 as soon as possible.
Before starting the application please know the following:
- Please do not use Internet Explorer.
- You will have to sign-in to the application process. You need to make sure account name and password is checked off, you are NOT a guest. The username and password are both conference (all lower case).
- You will need to know what your FSUSN is. This is not your FSU card number or FSU ID. Please go to http://registrar.fsu.edu/services/fsusn/apdefault.htm to find out what your number is.
- You will need to provide a summer course schedule.
- Click Submit at the end of the application. You will see a confirmation once you are done.
- You are now ready to fill out the application.
If you have any questions or problems please contact Stacie Kurlick, Assistant Director, Student Staff Selection and Conferences at 850-644-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You are now ready to fill out the application.
Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email to schedule an interview time.